Friday, April 6, 2012

Sewing


My mother recently asked me why I was sewing so much and at the time I really didn’t have an answer.  I think in reality I am sewing more because it is one of the “crafty” things I do that is easy to start and stop based on Callie’s needs and what is going on.

 I think in the bigger picture I just want Callie to have things that I made just for her.  I want her to remember being little and think of things like homemade cookies,  hand sewn dolls, knitted doll blankets and mom-made summer dresses.  I don’t want her main memories to be of mom rushing out the door to work and mom too tired to play after making the long trek home from work.

My fondest memories of my childhood are having tons of animals around, watching new baby calves in the field, my grandmother and some other family friends teaching me to sew and knit.  I hate that I can’t stay home with Callie and I am constantly trying to think out how to give her those special memories to have.

I know it is sort of futile to “worry ahead” as my husband terms it. I realize life is what you make of it, and much of it comes to you in the moment.  I just want to be prepared to make the most of the moments I have, as I miss a lot of them when she is in daycare.



So I am working on polishing up my rusty sewing skills, I am endeavoring to set some time for myself to finish needle pointing Callie’s Christmas stocking and I am loving my daughter more and more each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment